Bernard V. Kearse, III
Bernard V. Kearse, III, has practiced law for over 25 years and has concentrated in the estate planning and human resources/employee benefits areas. His experience includes designing and drafting Wills and Trust documents associated with estate planning and elder law, designing and drafting pension, deferred compensation, severance, self-funded medical and other benefit plans (including ESOPs), and representation of clients regarding formation of limited liability companies.
In 2006 Bernard was inducted as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (ABF), an organization limited to less than 1% of the attorneys in America, and in 2015 became a Life Fellow of the ABF. He has previously practiced with both a national and a regional law firm and served as the Employee Benefits Counsel for a Fortune 200 company with approximately 30,000 employees worldwide.
He lives in Sandy Springs with his wife, Mary Clare. He enjoys hiking, jogging, and reading on various topics of religion, philosophy, psychology and education.
Admitted to Georgia Bar in 1990.
• Wofford College (1972, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
• University of South Carolina, JD (1976, Law Review Editor)
• University of Miami, LLM (1977, Masters in Law)
• American Bar Association
• Georgia State Bar Association
• Illinois State Bar Association
• South Carolina State Bar Association
• Virginia State Bar Association
• Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit