Katherine C. Burns
Katherine C. Burns is a magna cum laude graduate of the Georgia State University College of Law. Katherine was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 2015 and previously practiced in the area of Wills and Estates. While in law school Katherine interned at the ACLU of Georgia, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and an international civil law firm. She also served as a Graduate Research Assistant for the inaugural Women Lead program offered by the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
A native New Mexican, Katherine holds a B.A. degree from the University of New Mexico and a Master in Nonprofit Leadership and Management from Arizona State University. Prior to attending law school, she held research and development positions at a variety of education-based nonprofit organizations, including Teach for America and The Ethel Walker School.
Katherine lives in Alpharetta with her husband and son.
- University of New Mexico (B.A. 2004 (Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa))
- Arizona State University (Master of Nonprofit Leadership and Management 2008)
- Georgia State University College of Law (J.D. 2015 (Magna Cum Laude))
- State Bar of Georgia (Real Property Law Section, Young Lawyers Division)
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers