If you are refinancing:
Refinancing offers a number of benefits to homeowners, and when you’re ready to take advantage of better interest rates, Campbell & Brannon is here to help. Our attorneys will guide you through the process to ensure your closing is an efficient, professional, and personalized experience. Use our guide below to prepare for a refinancing closing.
- Obtain a lender and fulfill the requirements for the loan. Contact your closing attorney to provide payoff lender information including account numbers, telephone numbers, and social security numbers for all borrowers on any loans being paid off.
- Bring a driver’s license or another form of government-issued photo identification to your closing.
- Make arrangements to transfer your required funds to closing. Your Closing Disclosure will help you determine the amount you will need to bring to closing. Campbell & Brannon will provide you with a more accurate amount near your closing date.
- If your cash-to-close will be more than $5,000, Georgia law requires that you wire the funds to our account. We will send you our wire instruction via secure email. Check with your banking institution well ahead of your closing date as some banks take up to one week to complete a wire transfer. You will need to initiate your wire transfer in plenty of time to have your funds reach our account before your closing date.
- If your cash-to-close is less than $5,000, you may bring a personal, cashiers, or certified check made payable to Campbell & Brannon, L.L.C. Please note that we cannot accept checks made payable to the borrower.
- Obtain a lender and fulfill loan requirements.
- Provide the closing attorney’s with payoff lender information for all borrowers on any loans being paid off. This should include:
- Account numbers
- Telephone numbers
- Social security numbers
- Bring your driver’s license or another form of photo ID to the closing.
- Make arrangements for transfer of funds for closing.
- If cash to close amount is greater than $5,000, funds must be wired to our account.
- If cash to close amount is less than $5,000, you may bring a personal, cashiers, or certified check made payable to Campbell & Brannon, L.L.C.